The purpose of this award is to recognize the contributions of an individual who serves in a Kentucky public library as a volunteer.
This award is named in honor of Evelyn Richardson, who serves as a volunteer at the Logan County Public Library, and Jane Conway, who served as a volunteer at the Lexington Public Library. Their exemplary support of public library staff and customers coupled with their dedication to public library services set a standard for others.
The nominee must currently be serving at a public library on a regular, sustained basis, and must demonstrate a passion for libraries and a commitment to furthering the mission of the library at which (s)he is a volunteer.
- Nominations may be made by anyone employed in a library.
- Nominations should be concise and address the above criteria, including no more than two pages of narrative and up to three pages of supportive material (newspaper articles, photos, etc.).
- The information and the quality of the application shall be the sole basis of selection. Any application not meeting the above criteria will be disqualified.
- The KPLA Awards Committee will make the selection based on the above criteria.
- All nominations must be signed. No anonymous nominations will be considered.
- 2015 – Ellie Caroland (Scott CPL)
- 2014 – Rita Barlow (Madison CPL)
- 2013 – Joyce and Gene Maegly (Campbell CPL)
- 2012 – NONE
- 2011 – NONE
- 2010 – Jean Ellis and Sue Loyall (Casey CPL)
- 2009 – Joe Williams (Lexington PL)
- 2008 – Jane Conway (posthumously) and Evelyn Richardson