This scholarship, established in 2009, is provided to assist staff members of Kentucky public libraries to attend the Kentucky Public Library Association annual conference. This award will pay up to $500 of conference costs, including registration and lodging.
- The applicant must be a current member of the Kentucky Public Library Association (KPLA) of the Kentucky Library Association (KLA).
- Applicants who have received a conference scholarship in the past three years are not eligible.
- Only those staff who would not be able to attend without this scholarship should apply.
- The form must be completely filled out with all questions answered.
- The information and the quality of the application shall be the sole basis of selection. Any application not meeting the above criteria will be disqualified.
- Selection will be made by the KPLA Awards Committee.
- The KPLA Awards Committee may choose to make no award in any given year if the quality of the applications is not determined to be satisfactory.
- Multiple scholarships may be awarded, with the permission of the Executive Committee, if sufficient funds are available.
- 2015 – Ashley Shelden (Lexington PL)
- 2014 – None
- 2013 – Nellie Jordan (Carter CPL)
- 2012 – LeAnn Johnson (Carter CPL)
- 2010 – Jussie Minor (Carter CPL)
- 2010 – Cindy Leach (Rowan CPL)