Nominations for the 2024 KPLA Awards will open October 1, 2023.
Please use the provided link to complete and submit the nomination form. The deadline for submissions is December 31.
The following awards & scholarships are given by KPLA at its annual spring conference.
All award winner, including Fresh Faces recipients, will be announced at the Spring Conference.
We have two new awards this year:
- The Overcoming Obstacles Award
- Public libraries across the state have faced unprecedented challenges over the past few years. Never has this been more evident than the destruction experienced by the Knott, Letcher, Perry, and Breathitt counties during the 2022 floods that devastated their communities… and in some instances, their library buildings as well. It is a desire to recognize the staffs of these libraries that have led to us recommending the creation of this nonannual (as-needed) award.
- Nominations may be made by anyone employed in a library
- Direct Impact Award for Frontline Workers
- To celebrate the positive impact of front-line/circulation interactions. Honoring the exceptional skills and daily compassion in every-day patron interactions where employees create opportunities to go above and beyond by recognizing, identifying, and resolving patron needs efficiently and effectively. The consistent positive impact this can have on the reputation and credibility of a Public Library is intangible but wholly evident. This award endeavors to give these efforts the weight and recognition they deserve.
- Nominees for this award need not be KPLA members.
- The winner will receive one free year of KPLA membership.
- Charlene Davis Excellence in Technology Award
- James E. Gugeler Outstanding Library Trustee Award
- James Harrison Outstanding Bookmobile/Outreach Services Award
- Margaret F. Willis Outstanding Community Library Service Award
- “Miss Pickle” Outstanding Children’s Services Award
- Outstanding Board of Trustees Award
- Outstanding Public Library Service Award
- Outstanding Service for Young Adults Award
- Public Library Advocacy Award
- Public Relations and Marketing Award
- Richardson/Conway Outstanding Library Volunteer Award