The purpose of the award is to recognize outstanding achievement in the use of technology to advance the work of public libraries in Kentucky. The award may be given to an individual or institution for a single project or a body of work.
Nominee must be a member of the Kentucky Public Library Association (KPLA) of the Kentucky Library Association (KLA)
The award is given to an individual or group who has demonstrated excellence in providing technology services to library patrons through:
- Website design
- ILS maintenance
- Special projects that provide digital access to library collections
- Projects that provide access to technology to at risk populations
- Innovation in the use of technology in a library setting
- Nominations may be made by anyone employed in a library.
- Nominations must include narratives of nominees’ accomplishments in the area of technology and must demonstrate excellence in one or more of the above services., including no more than two pages of narrative and up to three pages of supportive material (newspaper articles, photos, etc.).
- The information and the quality of the application shall be the sole basis of selection. Any application not meeting the above criteria will be disqualified.
- The KPLA Awards Committee will make the selection based on the above criteria.