Outstanding Service for Young Adults Award
To recognize and emphasize excellence in developing and providing library services to young adults in the local community.
- The nominee must be an individual member of the Kentucky Public Library Association (KPLA) of the Kentucky Library Association (KLA) or an employee of a library holding institutional membership, and hold certification from the Kentucky State Board for the Certification of Librarians. Any level of certification is acceptable. The nominee must have held the position in the past 12 months.
- Accomplishments of the nominee in the areas of:
- Innovative young adult services in the library;
- Innovative young adult outreach library services;
- Cooperative involvement on the local and regional level;
- Public awareness.
- Nominations may be made by anyone in the library field (staff, trustees, Friends).
- Nominations should be concise, responding to the criteria above. Submit no more than two pages of narrative, with no more than three pages of supportive material (newspaper clippings, photos, etc.)
- The information and the quality of the application shall be the sole basis of selection. If no application meets the criteria above, no award will be given.
- The KPLA Awards Committee will make the selection based on the above criteria.
- The KPLA Awards Committee may choose to make no award in any given year if the quality of the nominations is not determined to be satisfactory.
- 2020 –